Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad

Happy Birthday, Dad!
Dad, today is your birthday and it saddens my heart that I can't wrap my arms around you and tell you happy birthday in person. It saddens my heart that I can't celebrate your birthday with you! But today Dad, my birthday gift to you is a small token of my love for you. Today for your birthday I will bless you with the words, I forgive you.

Dad, forgiving you was and is hard! It took me a couple years to come to the point that I could forgive you and some days I have to do it over and over again. Dad, no matter what people say, I know I forgave you. I forgive you for missing all my father daughter birthday breakfasts. I forgive you for missing the evening I walked down the steps and went on my first date. I forgive you for not being there with me when my heart was broken and it felt like the world stopped moving. I forgive you for missing my graduation. I forgive you for missing all the weddings and choruses that I had solos in. I forgive you for missing my baptismal. Dad, I will forgive you for missing my first day in college. I will forgive you for not being there with me as I go live the dream you had for me. I will forgive you for missing my graduation in college. I will forgive you for not knowing the man of my dreams. I will forgive you for not being there with me after I get engaged. I will forgive you for not being there with me the week of my wedding. I will forgive you for not knowing my children. Dad, I forgive you for leaving my family and me. Dad, I forgive you for hurting my little brothers. Dad, there are three words I want you to grasp and understand on your birthday, I FORGIVE YOU! Always remember those three words! Dad, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and treat yourself to a good dinner:) I love you and forgive you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment