Saturday, February 2, 2013

October Baby

She was a failed attempt of abortion. She was lied to. She was rejected, yet she chose to FORGIVE! This is the story of "October Baby". If you have never watched this movie, please take time and watch it. I have been so blessed by this film. It amazes me how this young girl chose forgiveness and was set free from the bonds that held onto her so tightly. After I was finished watching this film, my heart was heavy with pain. Pain for all those young souls who have been aborted and pain for all those souls out in the world who have not sought forgiveness in their own lives. Then guilt clenched my heart. Last night I was hurt and today I want to openly confess that last night and today I was holding onto bitterness and anger toward those who hurt me. Right now I want to take time to say that I forgive them! Even though the circumstances don't change, I want to  continually seek to forgive them. I want to be like the young lady in the film. I want to forgive those who hurt me and to let go of things and turn them over to God.

            Lord, no matter how many times these things continue to happen, I want to continue to forgive. Lord, it hurts so much! Lord, give me strength and grace. I can't do this without You! Lord, when I need forgiveness, I ask that people would be able to forgive me. Lord, grant me contentment with who I am, even when it seems I just stick out. Lord, help me to stick out for You! Lord, help me with my decisions about my future. Lord, I want to do what You want me to do! Most of all Lord, just help me to forgive over and over again and to turn the hurt and rejection over to you!
                                        -Your Instrument,
                                                       Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment