Saturday, September 22, 2012

LABELING and GOSSIPING

This morning there is something very heavy on my heart. Often when I think of labels I think of labels on food. But did you know labels are put on people too? Did you know you are the one that puts labels on people? How often do we  sit somewhere and think, " They must be messed up because they have tattoos all over them."? Or "I bet she has major issues because her Mom died or her father left them." This label thing is horrible. We can't label people because of their past or because of how they look. You have no idea what they have been through. They don't need you to label them. They need you to show them love. They need you to just be their friend. Another thing I really struggle with is gossiping. I struggle with gossiping about people myself so this blog is just as much for me as it is for you. There was a time where I was hurt so much by what people were saying but my mom would stop me and look at me and tell me, " Sami, the truth will come out. Just be quiet and wait." You know what, she was right! The best thing to do is just be quiet. But it saddens me to see how people sit around and run each other down. What hurts the most is when you have to see your best friend or your own mother being hurt by friends or even their own family! It saddens me most when its their own family. All people have to do is go up to the person and ask them if its true. But that's not how us humans handle it. Instead we ignore the person and assume the worst. It just really hurts me to watch families lose each other because of gossip. To me family is the most important thing after God. They are the ones that help you through hard times so why run them down and talk about them. My one friend was lately hurt by what people were saying about her. She told me all people have to do is ask me if its true or not and I will tell them. How true is that? If we would just go to the person right away we could save allot of people deep hurt. But that friend is truly amazing. Even though people have truly hurt her she keeps talking to them. She keeps being their friend. She doesn't gossip about them because she didn't like when people did it to her. People, that is how we need to be. We need to do unto others what we want them to do unto us. We need to consider the person's feelings when we talk about them. In the end you are only hurting yourself by talking about others. I guess I just really want to see the world love each other instead of tearing each other down. We need each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment