Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trust

In my next post I would like to share how I forgave my dad but for right now i want to talk about trust. Maybe some of you reading this won't be able to relate to having trust issues but that is awesome! But I want to write this for those of you who also struggle with trust. One evening after my my parents had a fight I asked Mom if dad was going to leave and she told me to ask him. Well I finally worked up enough courage and I asked him if he was going to leave us. He looked me right in the eyes and told me he would never leave our family. Well he broke that promise. I now have a hard time trusting people. To all the girls out there with trust issues, trust the man you fall in love with. Don't push him away like I did. You will end up losing him. When people become to close to me  I start putting up walls and I hold them at arms length. When I was dating I would hold on to the poor guy so tight so he wouldn't leave and I started controlling him. I thought this would make so he wouldn't leave. In the end it was the reason why he did leave. When you don't trust people, they feel that. Your friends don't want to have a friend that doesn't trust them. A boyfriend doesn't want a girlfriend who doesn't trust him. People we need to learn to trust. If you start trusting in a person and they let you down, don't think its because you trusted them. People will let you down. Always remember that God will never let you down. I think that before we learn to trust people we need to learn to trust God. If we don't trust the One who will never let us down how can we trust people? I feel like I shouldn't talk about trust because I am still struggling with it. Trusting God is hard.  Its hard for me to tell God that I trust Him because what if I don't like what he has in store for me. One of my good friends told me that he has to turn over his trusting issues to God everyday. Its a daily thing. So I have an exercise I want everyone to try including myself. For the rest of the week I want you guys to once a day or even more tell God you are trusting Him with your future. I truly believe if we learn to trust God trusting people will become easier. Lets tear down those wall around our heart and trust God to take care of our heart. In another post I would like to share how I am also slowly but surely overcoming my control issues. Hopefully this post made some sense. The main thing I wanted to get across is to trust God. Right now I need to trust God with my future. So those who feel alone with your trust issues, rest assured I am right there with you! Hope you all have a fantastic week:) Until next time......

1 comment:

  1. Wow,trusting people who have hurt you is hard ..Forgive those people is my biggest struggle..I then have to remind myself of what Jesus did for me .I can't wait to see your next post on forgiving

    ReplyDelete